The Rib Mountain Repeater Association
Minutes of the Meeting of the Board of Directors
19 October 2009
WHRM-DT Tech Workshop, Rib Mountain
Board members present:
Rich Maier KC9NW
Dean Andrewjeski K9PT
Paul Nelles K9DB
Brian Seehafer N9ATQ
The meeting was called to order at 19:15 CDT by President Rich Maier KC9NW.
Secretary’s Report: K9DB
- Minutes of the meeting of 21 September were read and accepted as presented by consensus.
Treasurer’s Report: N9ATQ
- RMRA Treasurer’s Report as of today:
This is unchanged from the September meeting.
- N9ATQ reported that the insurance bill for the upcoming year has been received. The premium for the upcoming year is $268.00. This policy only covers the Rib Mountain site for $1,000,000. It can be paid in monthly installments, but there is a $7 per month surcharge.
- It was suggested that insurance be dropped.
- K9PT read the agreement with the Joint Venture Committee which states that all users of the tower shall obtain liability insurance.
- N9ATQ announced that he would personally cover the premium for now.
New Repeater Controller:
- K9PT reported that he as been studying the new Link Communications RLC-DSP404 controller manual and will begin to program it.
- K9DB reported that he has not yet contacted BRARA regarding the extension of the duplexer loan agreement. He will be contacting them in the next week.
- K9DB reported that Mark Thompson WB9QZB of Chicago has consented to present the program at the annual meeting. His presentation will be on the D-STAR system. K9DB will contact him to finalize the plans.
- KC9NW will work on the agenda.
- The mailing is targeted to go out by Saturday.
Nominations for the 2009-2010 Board of Directors:
- K9DB reported that the only nomination received as of October 1st was KC9NW. This means that he is automatically elected to the board, and that the other four positions will be filled at the annaul meeting November 7th.
Topics from the Floor:
- N9ATQ continued his free-form discussion started at last month’s meeting on the long term direction of the club.
Meeting adjourned 20:46 CDT.
Paul Nelles K9DB