The Rib Mountain Repeater Association
Minutes of the Meeting of the Board of Directors
21 June 2010
Archery Range Room, Gander Mountain, Rothschild
Board members present:
Rich Maier KC9NW
Dean Andrewjeski K9PT
Paul Nelles K9DB
Brian Seehafer N9ATQ
Dan Sharpee KB9RXA
The meeting was called to order at 19:13 CDT by President Rich Maier KC9NW.
Secretary’s Report: K9DB
- Printed copies of the minutes of the meeting of May 17th 2010 were distributed. The minutes were accepted as corrected.
Treasurer’s Report: N9ATQ
- Balance $2,399.96. No change from the May 17th meeting.
- K9PT reported the antennas have been assembled on the powder coated mast sections and are ready for installation.
- K9PT reported in the last month he has obtained of the snap in hangers, connectors, hoisting grips, grounding kits, and miscellaneous hardware.
- He also reported that the only thing holding up the installation is the scheduling of the tower crew. There is a possibility that the installation may be combined with another state project on that tower.
· K9PT and KC9NW have started programming the repeater contoller. Basic functions have been programmed and they are working on the specialized functions.
- At the request of the GRABAAWR Bicycle Tour, KC9NW granted permission to them to use the 146.82 Repeater for their state-wide tour on June 22nd 2010.
Topics from the Floor:
- K9PT proposed the RMRA adopt a policy regarding D-STAR registration for non-members of the RMRA.
- K9PT motion: Non-members be allowed DSTAR registration at no cost to promote DSTAR use. For those users membership would be encouraged, but not mandatory. N9ATQ second. Passed unanimously
DSTAR Lining to the Wisconsin Reflector:
- K9DB presented an email from Dave Peters KC9LFG requesting that at least one D-STAR module be linked to the Wisconsin reflector REF019C for a trial period of one month. This would allow constant state-wide access. The Board approved linking the 440 module to the reflector, by consensus.
Meeting adjourned 20:31 CDT.
Paul Nelles K9DB