The Rib Mountain Repeater Association
Minutes of the Meeting of the Board of Directors
17 May 2010
Archery Range Room, Gander Mountain, Village of Rothschild
Board members present:
Rich Maier KC9NW
Dean Andrewjeski K9PT
Paul Nelles K9DB
Tony Hermanek K9QM
Brian Seehafer N9ATQ
Dave Peters KC9LFG
The meeting was called to order at 19:10 CDT by President Rich Maier KC9NW.
Secretary’s Report: K9DB
- Printed copies of the minutes of the meeting of April 26th 2010 were distributed. The minutes were accepted as corrected.
Treasurer’s Report: N9ATQ
- Balance $2,399.96.
- The mast sections for the antennas have been powder coated and have been returned to Rib Mountain.
- K9PT reported the transmission line, 490 feet of 1 5/8 inch Heliax has been obtained and was delivered this week to the Auburndale transmitter site.
- K9PT reported, snap in hangers, connectors, hoisting grips, grounding kits, and miscellaneous hardware have yet to be obtained.
· K9PT and KC9NW have not yet programmed the repeater contoller due to scheduling conflicts. After programming, the controller should be ready for deployment on the 146.22/.82 repeater.
Topics from the Floor:
- K9DB suggested that the ARES leadership from the counties in the RMRA coverage footprint be invited to the September board meeting and told to bring their “wish lists”. This meeting would be a listening session for the RMRA.
- KC9LFG reported that during the last weather net, Green Bay Weather could not establish the IRLP link on the 444.3 repeater, so he brought it up manually for them. K9PT reported that this is a result of tightened internet security at the Green Bay Weather office. They no longer have access to the ports needed to bring up the link.
- The website needs updating and redesign. KC9LFG had several suggestions.
Meeting adjourned 20:28 CDT.
Paul Nelles K9DB