The Rib Mountain Repeater Association
Minutes of the Meeting of the Board of Directors
15 November 2010
Prehn Dental Office 2nd Floor Meeting Room, Wausau
Board members present:
Vice President K9PT was absent due to a personal commitment.
The meeting was called to order at 19:06 CST by President KC9NW.
Secretary’s Report: K9DB
- Printed copies of the minutes of the meeting of 18 October 2010 were distributed. The minutes were accepted as presented by consensus.
Treasurer’s Report: N9ATQ
- Balance is $768.87.
- The liability insurance annual premium of $268.00 has been paid.
- Dues have been collected at and since the annual meeting.
- The post office box rental, approximately $60 per year is due but has not been paid. A brief discussion regarding canceling the PO box took place. The consensus of the board was that a permanent mailing address for the RMRA needs to be maintained and a PO box is the best way to accomplish that.
- The report was accepted as presented by consensus.
WX9W Repeater at Wyeville
- No report as WX9W was not present.
- KC9NW – The repeater is running with no new issues.
- KC9NW - No current issues.
Proposed RMRA “Broadcast Repeater” on Rib Mountain:
- K9DB reported that he not had any discussion with Coy Sawyer, the manager of WCLQ-FM on Rib Mountain since the last meeting.
KC9NW – The annual meeting was held November 6th the Marathon County Public Library in Wausau. Wisconsin ARES NE District EC Dave Leverson was in attendance. He requested RMRA assistance in the establishment of digital links in the district and surrounding counties.
- KC9NW reported he has been looking at hardware to establish an Internet access alternative, but has no progress to report since last month.
- No change in status.
- N9ATQreported that he had sent a check for $1 Mark Leibelt W9LTA for the purchase of the repeater system at Coloma, but as of this meeting has not received a bill of sale nor notice that the check has been cashed.
- Concern was expressed over the process of reallocating the WAR frequency assignments from W9LTA to the RMRA. It was suggested that Leibelt may want to remain as the trustee. K9PT will be instructed to contact him and ask his preference. It was suggested that if he does wish to remain trustee of the Coloma systems, he be given an automatic RMRA membership. If he chooses to pass trusteeship to the RMRA, then a request will be made of him to draft a letter to WAR expressing a desire to transfer all relevant allocations to the RMRA.
Election of officers
- The 2010-2011 Board of Directors as elected at the Annual Meeting on November 6h consist of Rich Maier KC9NW, Dean Andrewjeski K9PT, Paul Nelles K9DB, Tony Hermanek K9PT, and Dave Peters KC9LFG.
- It was decided by consensus to keep the 2009-2010 officers for the 2010-2011 fiscal year. Therefore the 2010-2011 officers are
- President - Rich Maier KC9NW
- Vice President - Dean Andrewjeski K9PT
- Secretary - Paul Nelles K9DB
- Treasurer – Brian Seehafer N9ATQ*
*It was noted that there is no requirement in the bylaws that the officers be board members.
Topics from the Floor
- By consensus the December meeting which would fall on Monday December 20th was cancelled due to its proximity to Christmas.
- N9RXA said Dave Leverson N9KNY could not make this meeting as promised. He will be contacting his ARES superior regarding specifics as to what repeater deployments will be requested by the ARES of the RMRA. This is a direct result of the ARES Listening Session at the RMRA Annual Meeting.
- KC9LFG reported that he has done some research on WinLink 2000. He reports that with the proper software the DSTAR system can be used for WinLink 2000.
Meeting adjourned 19:59 CST.
Paul Nelles K9DB