The Rib Mountain Repeater Association
Minutes of the Meeting of the Board of Directors
Sunday 17 April 2011
Prehn Dental Office 2nd Floor Meeting Room, Wausau
Board members/Officers present:
Treasurer Brian Seehafer N9ATQ was absent due to storm damage to his property from the recent LincolnCounty tornados.
The meeting was called to order at 19:18 CDT by President KC9NW.
Secretary’s Report: K9DB
- Printed copies of the minutes of the meeting of 20 March 2011 were distributed.
- The minutes were accepted as presented by consensus.
Treasurer’s Report: N9ATQ
- The treasurer’s report was given by KC9NW for N9ATQ. Balance is $619.56.
- Printed copies of an N9ATQ provided roster of members were distributed.
Rib Mountain Systems
- KC9NW - No current issues.
- The gateway system had to be rebooted.
- No progress on the controller installation, however KC9NW set up a work party schedule for Saturday April 23rd.
- The 443.3 system has had hum detected on audio. KC9NW and K9PT will investigate.
- K9PT has obtained an FCC license for 3.56 GHz for wireless internet.
- KC9NW- 145.41 MHz machine is running with no new issues.
- KC9NW – The repeater is running with no new issues.
- K9PT reported that three new users were added in the past month.
K9JPS Memorial Callsign Application
- KC9LFG will re-apply for the K9JPS memorial call with a copy of, or link to, the obituary. He will also add a comment that the letter of permission from a relative exists. If necessary, he will make a paper application by mail.
- K9PT has contacted Dagna Sheerar, Lew’s granddaughter. She has consented to apply for a license and subsequently apply for K9JPS as a memorial call as a family member, if necessary. She also gave preliminary consent to serve as trustee of the Brighton repeater.
- KC9NW reported that Wisconsin ARES NE District EC Dave Leverson’s N9KNY has been contacted an invited to an RMRA board meeting to outline his request of the RMRA.
- K9DB presented several typefaces for the newsletter title “Telemetry” and a preference.
- KC9LFG will write a D-STAR article for the June 2011 edition.
Antenna Experimentation with D-STAR
- K9PT requested permission to temporarily switch antennas for the 146.82 system and the two meter D-STAR system. This will allow for signal strength measurements. It was suggested that this only be done during during periods other than weekends to avoid disruption of the RMRA SwapNet. It was also suggested that this test should avoid periods of potential severe weather. It should also be announced ahead of time to allay users concerns of variations in signal strength.
Topics from the Floor
Meeting adjourned 20:50 CDT.
Paul Nelles K9DB