The Rib Mountain Repeater Association
Minutes of the Meeting of the Board of Directors
Sunday 15 May 2011
Prehn Dental Office 2nd Floor Meeting Room, Wausau
Board members/Officers present:
The meeting was called to order at 19:09 CDT by President KC9NW.
Secretary’s Report: K9DB
- Printed copies of the minutes of the meeting of 17 April 2011 were distributed.
- The minutes were accepted as presented by consensus.
Treasurer’s Report: N9ATQ
- No report as N9ATQ was absent
Rib Mountain Systems
- No outstanding issues
- IRLP experienced low audio and a high volume 60 Hz hum during the last weather net. The low audio was traced to an audio card pick-off point problem at KN9NW’s house. The hum appears to be originating at Green Bay WX9GRB.
- In progress, no changes.
- No new issues.
- No new issues.
- A group of Price County Amateurs has apparently applied for one of ICOM’s “free repeater after rebate” offer.
K9JPS Memorial Callsign Application
- No progress
- K9PT reported that the Four Lakes Amateur Radio Club (FLARC) in Madison will be holding a “Get your Technician License in a Weekend” class. This will probably be the first opportunity Dagna Sheerar, Lew’s granddaughter, will have to get licensed. She has consented to apply for K9JPS as a memorial call and given preliminary consent to serve as trustee of the Brighton repeater.
- KC9NW reported that Wisconsin ARES NE District EC Dave Leverson’s N9KNY has been contacted an invited to an RMRA board meeting to outline his request of the RMRA.
- K9DB reported he has not been able to make the progress on the June 2011 edition that he had hoped. He still hopes to make the June deadline, but it may get pushed to July.
K9PT, KC9NW, and KC9LFG set a time to work on programming the new Rib Mountain systems controller for Saturday night May 21st.
Backup Exciter and Power Amplifier for 146.82
- K9PT reported that he is working on securing a backup transmitter and amplifier for the 146.82 system.
Topics from the Floor
Meeting Time Change
- KC9NW secured a consensus that the Sunday night time of the board meeting be moved to 6:00pm in order that the meetings conclude before the Sunday Night Swap Net on 146.82 at 9:00pm.
Meeting adjourned 20:20 CDT.
Paul Nelles K9DB