The Rib Mountain Repeater Association
Minutes of the Meeting of the Board of Directors
16 February 2009
WHRM-DT Tech Workshop, Rib Mountain
Board members present:
Rich Maier KC9NW
Dean Andrewjeski K9PT
Paul Nelles K9DB
Tony Hermanek K9QM
(Brian Seehafer N9ATQ was unavailable.)
Dave Peters KC9LFG
The meeting was called to order at 19:25 CST by President Rich Maier KC9NW.
Secretary’s Report: K9DB
- (There was no board meetings held in January.)
- Minutes of the meeting of 15 December 2008 were read and accepted as read by consensus.
Treasurer’s Report: Submitted by e-mail to the Secretary by N9ATQ:
- 2008 ending balance 127.63
- Dues deposit 351.00
- Brighton tower lease -132.30
- Astron parts -28.00
- Current balance 318.33
144.81/145.41 Repeater at Brighton:
- No activity since the last meeting
- The ACC controller issue is probably the most critical component.
- K9PT: Aston power supply was putting a one volt ripple on the 146.82 system that was causing an audible hum on the repeater output. An open electrolytic capacitor was replaced for about $11.
- A communication was received from Christian Reynolds at Green Bay Weather requesting permission to use the RMRA IRLP systems for the upcoming weather season. Reynolds said he has no preference connecting to the VHF or UHF repeater. However the VHF system link cannot currently be remotely activated from Green Bay. One possible soulution would be to put IRLP on the 145.41 repeater as long as it is on Rib Mountain. K9PT said he would like to upgrade the IRLP interface card to one that has three auxilliary functions that can be used on any of the repeaters to automatically mute the EAS when IRLP is activated. K9PT has responded to Reynolds granting permission and explaining the situation.
Topics from the Floor:
Meeting adjourned 20:32 CST.
Paul Nelles K9DB