The Rib Mountain Repeater Association
Minutes of the Meeting of the Board of Directors
15 June 2009
WHRM-DT Tech Workshop, Rib Mountain
Board members present:
Rich Maier KC9NW
Dean Andrewjeski K9PT
Paul Nelles K9DB
Brian Seehafer N9ATQ
Tony Hermanek K9QM
The meeting was called to order at 19:18 CDT by President Rich Maier KC9NW.
Secretary’s Report: K9DB
- Minutes of the meeting of 15 May 2009 were presented in print and accepted as presented by consensus.
Treasurer’s Report: Submitted by e-mail to the Secretary by N9ATQ
RMRA Treasurer’s Report as of 6/15/09
Beginning Checkbook balance as of 5/26/09: $318.33
Deposit on 5/27/09 $990.00
Dues received via Paypal $ 21.00
State of Wisconsin Annual Corporation Form -$ 10.00
N9ATQ reported the new repeater controller has been paid for but has not been deducted from
the above figure. The bill was approximately $1450.
- K9PT reported that so far only he and K9DB are signed up for Field Day. Equipment obtained so far is a Ten-Tec transceiver, a multiband CushCraft vertical. K9QM offered an antenna tuner.
- N9ATQ suggested the membership be notified of the event by website and e-mail, but should be advised that this is a site test not a competitive station.
- Next Monday night will be a antenna preparation work at Rib Mountain.
New Repeater Controller:
- K9PT reported the new controller arrived.
- K9PT reported initial tests were unsuccessful. After contact with Link Systems, the unit was sent back. A communication from Link Systems received June 15 said the problem was located in the memory interface, and that new circuit boards have been ordered.
- Upon return, K9PT said he would like to burn the controller in on the 145.41 machine.
144.81/145.41 Repeater at Brighton:
- K9DB reported that he and K9PT attended the Marshfield Area Amateur Radio Society meeting on June 7th, to inform them of the details of the Brighton repeater project. They are very interested and have consented to let the RMRA use their endorsement for fund raising.
Topics from the Floor:
Meeting adjourned 20:22 CDT.
Paul Nelles K9DB