The Rib Mountain Repeater Association
Minutes of the Meeting of the Board of Directors
18 February 2010
WHRM-DT Tech Workshop, Rib Mountain
Board members present:
Rich Maier KC9NW
Dean Andrewjeski K9PT
Paul Nelles K9DB
Brian Seehafer N9ATQ
Tony Hermanek K9QM
Dan Sharpee KB9RXA
Dave Peters KC9LFG
The meeting was called to order at 19:10 CST by President Rich Maier KC9NW.
Secretary’s Report: K9DB
- Printed copies of the minutes of the meeting of January 18th 2010 were distributed. The minutes were accepted as presented with a value of the Greenheck donation to be corrected with a value to be supplied by KC9NW.
Treasurer’s Report: N9ATQ
- RMRA Treasurer’s Report as of today:
This amount is unchanged from the January meeting.
- K9DB reported that a grant application was made to the Walter Alexander Foundation asking for $4850 for the completion of the installation of Brighton system, primarily for the cost of a tower crew and commercial grade VHF and UHF antennas.
- He also reported that he was notified by Fred Prehn WX9W on Friday February 5th that the W.A.F. had awarded the RMRA $4,000.
- K9PT reported that he has been in communication with Telwave Engineering regarding the antenna selection. His recommendation was a Telwave ANT450D6-9 four bay folded dipole array for UHF, a Telwave ANT150D6-9 four bay folded dipole array for VHF, and a TS-1545H crossband coupler. He reported that several mounting schemes were discussed and a side mount over/under configuration was the best. The masts for these arrays are not included, but K9PT can obtain them at no cost to the RMRA. Cost after discounts is $1,831.90 plus shipping.
- K9PT reported that he was in communication OK Tower in Perkinstown. They are available but would prefer to wait for warmer weather. The non-binding estimate for one-day installation by a three-man crew is $2100.
- K9DB reported that he had e-mailed the leadership of the Black River Amateur Radio Association notifying them that the Brighton Repeater would be deployed this spring and that their duplexer would be relocated to that site. As of today he had not received a reply.
- K9QM moved and N9ATQ seconded that the RMRA purchase the Telwave ANT150D6-9, ANT450D6-9, and TS-1545H. Passed unanimously.
- K9DB moved and K9QM seconded that K9PT be authorized to contact other tower crews for estimates and, if appropriate, to secure the services of a tower crew for the Brighton installation for $2200 or less. Passed unanimously.
- K9PT reported that the D-STAR system has been working well. KB9RFB and K9PT obtained four 34.6 gigabyte faast access server drives, and that they have been installed. The system now has a full complement of six such drives.
Topics from the Floor:
Meeting adjourned 20:29 CST.
Paul Nelles K9DB